Letting go, letting in

Today, I spent time with my sister touring the White House gardens and Paradise Springs Winery in Clifton. It was such a blessing to have quality time with Allie before I leave.

Today, I sold my car. Wonda the Honda was officially handed over to a friend who needs her more than I do. Letting go of the car was liberation. Saying goodbye to my sister left me speechless; we held on longer than any other hug.  

Today, I received a book on Thailand and journal from CIEE from the postman.

Today, I had a pleasant conversation with the postman about the beginning of turkey season, picking cotton and farming beans. He shared about his upcoming trip to the family farm in the Shenandoah Valley.

Today, I still feel like I have a thousand little things to do. 

Today, I am one more day closer to embarking on a journey to Thailand where every fiber of my being has no choice but to take a leap of faith.

You are either in or out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: Adam and Allie

Uke Time is Time Well Spent

The Universal Language