Irony

Warning: abrupt graphic context.

Last night I puked my brains out past the point of emptiness... That hasn't happened in eons.  Mr. Stomach bug's timeliness is ironic because I thought I would be getting sick in Thailand, adjusting to their food, not in the comfort of my own home with the food I'm used too...

Lord are you preparing me for what I need to be prepared for, in the event of this happening overseas?

If so then, so be it.

--

Every time my mind wonders into the storm of my self-doubts or any crack of negativity or my ever-so-real insecurities and the whirl pool of fearful mistakes I form in my head that have no rational place to be, the Lord intercedes with holy assurance, support and encouragement. Even in the depths of my heavy doubts He reveals His sovereignty through unexpected actions and I am left utterly submitting to what is true and good and real.

paused in awe.

accepted the assured spirit.



"And they went and woke him, saying, "Save us Lord; we are perishing." And he said to them, "Why are you afraid, O you of little faith?" Then he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was great calm. And the men marveled, saying. "what sort of man is this, that even winds and sea obey him?" Matthew 8:25-28


Prayers for more Holy Spirit to refine every un-surrendered area of my heart (and mind).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: Adam and Allie

Uke Time is Time Well Spent

The Universal Language