A Few Updates


Here are a few:

The past two weeks have been all about rice. From learning how it is grown to making crafts with uncooked rice to watering our own plants, the kids have fully understood the word "kao" or rice.  The grand finale of our rice-themed weeks took place at a rice field.  Parents and several staff from our school came. All of the kids piled in on one bus to experience an adventure of a life time. Our Mini English Program got to plant their very own rice right outside of town.



It got messy real fast. 


so. much. fun.
I want to go again and plant. 


Look Nam showing off her play-dough rice patty. 
Ms. Bed Head can really create masterpieces! 


Preme and his stacked 'rice'. So proud. 
Anything to exercise our fine motor skills.


I am nurturing something! My plant actually has three buds now. 
Super excited that I am not killing it. 


Went to Bangkok this past weekend for business and got to hang out with these teacher friends. Super thankful I got to catch up and spend time with them.
 Soi ( road) 11 is behind us. On top of Levels Bar. 


Bee and I went shopping in Bangkok. Then it decided to flood. The shopping still continues... 


Wai-ing with Ronald. Check! 
Extended my Non-immigrant B VISA. BIG CHECK! 



After a full day of walking around, I parked myself in the middle of Democracy Monument. It is located at a round-a-bout. 
With cars racing all around me, I watched the sunset refine itself. 


It truly was a sight to see. My eyes were glued. 
I listened to worship music and soaked up all its beauty in the midst of crazy, crazy Bangkok. Nothing can stop this girl from reaching a perfect view of a sunset. Not even Bangkok traffic.



Democracy Monument


 It is the Queen's Birthday/Mother's Day this coming Monday, August 12th. This part of the city twinkles everywhere you look. Above is Bangkok City Hall. People were practicing choreography and getting ready for what looked like an upcoming ceremony in this open space.


lights galore.


Went to the Jim Thompson Museum and learned how silk was made.



Met up with a teacher friend for an evening service at Redeemer Church in the heart of Bangkok. This mural of the stages of the cross was breathtaking. I'd like to go back again. If I lived in Bangkok, I'd go frequently.



Picked up a package in Bangkok and could not WAIT to open it once I got back to Chan.
Received these four classics and have already read two of them to the kids!
They already know the Wheels on the Bus song.
Read it and had helpers move the pop-up pages. It brought the song to life. 
Thanks Mom. Your gifts make teaching English fun. :) 



Speaking of moms, Mother's day is around the corner. We are practicing for our big day tomorrow! Our Mini English Program is putting on a performance. Our MEP 1 Class is singing three songs. Our last one is of course the "I Love You" Barney song. On the second chorus the kids hold hands and skip around in a circle. They can't WAIT for that moment to skip and sing. 

Happy Thai Mother's Day and Happy Birthday to the Queen. 

Off to Ko Chang for the long holiday with three teacher friends. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: Adam and Allie

Uke Time is Time Well Spent

The Universal Language