The Universal Language



In the span of a month I have purchased a Ukulele (really cool story behind the purchase. I'm too lazy to write about it) and learned a song via youtube. Props to the dude who created the tutorial to 'Stand By Me' by Ben E. King. Super basic and simple for beginners.  A few weeks ago when I visited my Australian teacher friend we had the best, spontaneous time jammin'. She gave me some pointers and I introduced her to one of my all time favorite songs "You and I" by Ingrid Michaelson. 

Before I left for Thailand, a sister friend told me that when the going gets tough just keep strumming that uke. I have been challenged to create a song for my kids and sing it to them. Challenge accepted. I need accountability though. Will you hold me accountable? 

Peme brought in his toy guitar the second week. He is such a big help in the class and always wants to please the teachers. If I can inspire one 3 year old to learn how to play his instrument, I will sing to them. 









Comments

  1. Wow! You can do anything you put your mind and skills to do. I bet you are inspiring more then just one three year old.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To: Adam and Allie

Uke Time is Time Well Spent