Karaoke Night

It was friday and everyone was looking forward to Karaoke. Bee, Arsenio and I went early and ventured across the street to rendezvous with a family of buffalos. I figured out exactly what a rice field looks like. For the first time I saw a white cow. Chantaburi is truly beautiful and has many topographical features.

One of the student's parents owns a restaurant in the country side of Chantaburi. We had a blast eating, singing and dancing the night away in their karaoke hut. It was truly a privilege to be able to wine and dine at this place.

I haven't had this much fun in a long time. Almost everyone got up and sang a song, EVEN the shy ones! I LOVE when people willingly get the nerve to do something our of their comfort zone or rather, feel comfortable enough with those around to be themselves. I am one of those people. I must feel comfortable around my peers because I haven't sang like this since high school show choir.

A few songs I sang:

Everybody By: Backstreet Boys

Larger Than Life By: Backstreet Boys

Several Mariah Carey songs, one was a duet with the only other teacher who spoke english.

And some Thai songs which I tried to pick out the Thai letters in those that had the transcription. Some of the videos made me feel uncomfortable with half naked women. Nothing is different on the opposite side of the world when it comes to mainstream music.




The evening through the night told in pictures:




Took a detour in buffalo territory. 


one word- Horns. 


Rice Fields.
CRAYOLA LIME GREEN IS REAL!


Our Karaoke hut, far right. 


Saying hi to Khem's little sister. 
Her family owns the restaurant. 


The ladies :)


Teacher Bee helping prepare.


Phi Noot and Phi Nim


The Dean of Education Dept. and Phi Noi


Teacher Cee



Paid tribute to Whitney Houston "I Wanna Dance"
Key Change = this captured moment. 






Phi Noi got up to sing!


LOVE this candid shot. 


Thai dance. Gettin' jiggy wit it.



Teacher Nim got up to sing too!


haha do I need to say more?


<3 


...and then we bonded, just a little bit more. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: Adam and Allie

Uke Time is Time Well Spent

The Universal Language