RECAP #2 Khaosan Road

After the four of us ate a typical thai dish at a.... Mexican restaurant , Trish, Shawna, Kayla and I headed over to Khaosan Road. I was in a pissy and silent mood as I entered the touristy scene. I wasn't up to this atmosphere and my attitude needed to change before my mood ruined my whole night. Khaosan is flooded with tourists, obnoxious American hip hop music and Thai's persistently shoving advertisements and trinkets in your face.

I needed to shake this mood and do something out of my comfort zone. What better way to embrace the crazy atmosphere than to not think twice about eating a scorpion. I am in Thailand now. They some how cook insects, arachnids and any bug that lives in their vicinity, then eat them as a part of their meals. 

Why not? And why not now? After I negotiated a lower, more reasonable price for an overly cooked scorpion it was only a matter of time before I could check this off my imaginary bucket list. 

I pointed to its stinger with a worried look on my face. The lady just snapped it off as if the scorpion could instantly turn to dust. It was that baked. She pointed to different sauces. I requested soy sauce. She non-chalantly poured some on and gave me the bate. I tried its claw first to get a taste of the little guy. crunchy. salty. burnt.


Test tasting the claw.



It is either now or never. 


Here it goes... 






You are either all in or all out...







ALL IN! 


Maybe another time, grasshoppers. 


Yup. Frogs. 


The Infamous Thai Massages
(A few days ago, I got my first Thai foot massage where I live, in Chantaburi. It hurt so good. They locate certain pressure points to relieve joint and muscle tension. One day I'll try full body. I'm just so touchy at first!) 





Wai with Ronald McDonald. Check! 


It's overwhelming. Really. 
I'm glad I got to experience Khaosan Road.
I have no desire to go back.




Our table hanging out, listening to the band. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: Adam and Allie

Uke Time is Time Well Spent

The Universal Language