Hands and Feet

Who knows what just dropped on my Mom's toe. She just came up from the garage in pain.  I followed her to the kitchen, lifted her leg, propping foot on kitchen counter to see the wound matched with her pain. It was bleeding.

"I've been having trouble with this big toe of mine" Mom winced quietly.

"Mom, your toes look so nice!" I replied. They were painted a 'Granna' color, a soft mauve color, trimmed nails.

Holding back her pain, with tears and a smile on her face she utters, "I'm going to miss those nice comments..."

While holding her calf in my hands I started crying with a smile. I put my forehead down on her shin and cried some more, then laughed. We both started a tearful laughing spell.

It was in that moment where God spoke clearer between the words than ever before. We don't have words when the Holy Spirit enters. We just receive and know and let it pass through our hearts. As the exchange of light laughter and tears drop like shooting starts, I kept looking at her then bowing my head to her leg, speechless, understanding how the Holy Spirit was working.

We went up stairs to grab a band aid.

Earlier

that evening, as I was packing I became flustered with unwrapping a flashlight.  Due to my impatience and lots of jagged plastic from scissors, I ended up breaking skin on my pointer finger but didn't even realize it until I saw blood.

The gash on my Mom's foot, left a bigger bruise...

My heart. It understands through the heart of God.

Mom, you are immensely loved by our Divine Creator.

I love you.



"If we really do love God 
we will be so connected with Him 
that we will be doing His will His way 
even when we won't realise it." -Roly Bain

** At the end of the day, God will have His way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: Adam and Allie

Uke Time is Time Well Spent

The Universal Language