Treashaaaa. that. is. what. you. are.


As I am coming down from my day, listening to Bruno Mars' new song, Treasure thinking of the treasures (college housemates) I find a cock roach crawling on the adjacent wall...

You have GOT to be freaking kidding me. You have got to be kidding me. You have got to be kidding me.

Pacing
Music on full blast
I grab the flimsy broom- the only thing I have as a tool to do the deed
first swing I missed
ear piecing scream
WHERE DID IT GOOO?!
reacted by pulling the collar of my t-shirt over my head (I have an irrational fear of insects ambiguously flying around my head and worst, going in my ears)
do cock roaches fly????
WHERE IS IT?! 
I spot it on the floor.
broom raised high, curdling screammmmm          WACK.


"you are my treasha, you are my treasha"  is still on full blast playing in the background

I cover my mouth ashamed of how loud I screamed and started laughing... 
with out a doubt I just woke up the entire apartment complex.

I'm not cleaning the corpse up tonight. It can dry first.

I live in a decent enclosed apartment. WHY DO I HAVE ROACHES?! 


Realization: I am such a drama queen when it comes to big bugs. This is not the first or second time I have had to kill bugs here. will my dramatic reaction ever subside?

Walk down memory lane:
Every bug/rodent incident confronted with one treasure (college housemate) or another, flashed through my mind.

I do not know how one of my former housemates kept sane. For months she dealt with insects from a different planet in her BED falling from her ceiling. worst nightmare.

Thought of the infamous mice scare too. 



throw back. graduation '12
 "you have to stay together... you share many things."

It was about time someone wrote a song about us. 


I can sleep peacefully with broom on floor and roach guts not going anywhere. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: Adam and Allie

Uke Time is Time Well Spent

The Universal Language