My Song

spontaneous 'side note' blog entry

This is my song.
Demons
Imagine Dragons

listen.

My personal twist- I imagine battling it out with God and talking to Him through these lyrics...

It
is
real.

- - - - -

I promise I will blog about first few days of Thailand and update soon, pictures included!

I am falling behind already...

Orientation is a lot to take in but trying my best to be a sponge and enjoy it by making connections. After our community dinner with OEG teachers and staff, some of us hung out and chatted around one of the circle tables. Later, some of us played spoons in the hotel lobby and Fiat (yes, like the car.) talked to us about the process of being ordained as a monk; it's quite interesting actually.'Interesting' doesn't do his explanation justice.

As time goes by, I am growing closer to my fellow teachers more and more. In just a few days it will be an entirely different dynamic to transition into, once we leave...


New Favorite quote sums up the journey in Thailand: 
“I can't think of anything that excites a greater sense of childlike wonder than to be in a country where you are ignorant of almost everything. Suddenly you are five years old again. You can't read anything, you have only the most rudimentary sense of how things work, you can't even reliably cross a street without endangering your life. Your whole existence becomes a series of interesting guesses.” 
-- Bill Bryson, "Neither Here Nor There: Travels in Europe."








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To: Adam and Allie

Uke Time is Time Well Spent

The Universal Language