HUmp Hump Hump Day

Happy Hump Day! 

- I am in a good mood.
-I am stinky, sweaty and dirty and sitting on my clean bed.
-I feel nourished, I am gaining weight, I feel healthy, I am eating on a schedule.
-just got back from a run with the other english teacher, Arsenio.
-we ran 2 miles and walked 2 miles back.
-A thai couple smiled at us so big on our run. it was AWESOME.
-listened to kid kudi's "Up Up and Away" that janks was on repeeeeat.
-I still got the run in me. Can I just say, for a lanky white girl I can run damn well. Arsenio is black and he had to take a break. I out ran a black maaaan. chica chica yeaaaaa.
- I'll say it again, I still got the run in meeeeeeeee. I could've run the entire four miles- cake, cake, cake.
-Arsenio and I have formed a great, supportive and respectful kinship. Dude you're awesome. We lift each others spirits up to get through our days.


TEACHING:
-Today was another great day at school. Less crying involved. Bee, Cee and I are the three musketeers. some how we get through the day.
-I am learning a lot about routine just as much as the kids are.
- I led the children in movement this morning and made puffy clouds with them at the end of the day. we are learning about the weather through singing, dancing and motions.
-They LOVE any sort of sing-a-longs and dancing. It helps them learn words and actions with those words. Such as it's "the sun comes up up up (they stretch to the sky) the rain comes down down down (trickle their fingers all the way to the floor)
- These kids are learning the harmonious connection of their bodies, minds and hearts
-I continue to talk to them in english and wait for those little moments when english words click with objects.
- these childrens' minds are beautiful. It is literally mind blowing how at such a young age they are learning two languages and establishing routine with new friends.
-They. amaze. me. everyday. in. the. littlest. ways.
-lots and lots of role playing.
-some kids like to 'build' with plastic tools, others enjoy 'cooking' with the utensils, some just like being by themselves figuring out shapes or reading books
- and then there is Ick (why would you name your child that?) who throws stuff every where....
- we continue to work on greetings, transitions, how to share, steps to a craft, how to listen during story time, how to wash their hands. I LOVE KIDS!!!!!! ...even if they do pee all over themselves during the morning dance. thankful that parents pack several undies!

JOURNALING:
- I have two journals. The one that the treasures (college housemates) gave me is so dear to my heart. I write and pray and paste things in that journal. The first time I opened it up on the air plane, I laughed, cried, smiled at all their supportive words. I truly treasure their words. truthful words are hard to come by people.
-The dude sitting next to me on the airplane didn't know how to react as he saw the tears of joy dripping on those pages. That journal is my treasure chest of thoughts.
- The second journal is one a guy friend gave me. it's a sweeeet journal! I have coined it my Gratitude journal. There is always something to be thankful for. I write something down that I am thankful for every day.

-Just the other day I got home from school and released. I was crying like.... a 3 year old just because I am a girl and sometimes we cry for no freaking reason (period maybe?) Being a girl SUCKS some times. Instantly I thought of one of my kids who uttered three english words 'What is your name?' in that moment my eyes got so wide. I attempted to finish the communication loop with, 'My name is Amy, what is your name?" gesturing with my hands to my chest then opening them to her.
-when I instantly thought of that grateful, little moment I actually started crying more.
- that was my first grateful moment written in my gratitude journal.
- i think i was just tired but being thankful for the little connections or things in your day-to-day is SO important.
- my second entry was I am thankful for having a western toilet. No kidding! That flush mechanism is a life savor for what has been coming out of this body!




-Gratitude entry Tuesday 5/21 was "I am thankful, so thankful for solid poops"
Ain't that the truth! Finally after the third weeek! (TMI- whoops!)

-oh and I just finished a mini container of Nutella... in four days.

Goodnight. The hump is transitioning into the valley of Thursday.

Comments

  1. You paint a picture that make me feel and see what you do. It is an amazing gift you have!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To: Adam and Allie

Uke Time is Time Well Spent

The Universal Language